A taste of Waiheke
Discover the fine wines and artisan produce. Expect to drive home with some supplies in your boot!
- Kennedy Point Vineyard is Waiheke's only certified organic vineyard, with extra virgin olive oil and local honey too
- Head to the renowned Mudbrick Restaurant - but make sure you book ahead
- Or turn right for the equally famous Stonyridge Vineyard. Their Veranda Café is brilliant on a sunny day
- Walk amongst the olive groves and taste the extra virgin oils at Rangihoua Estate
- For fine wine in a stunning setting, drive to Man ‘O War Bay and the Man ‘O War Vineyards
- Finish the day at Oneroa’s Oyster Inn with its succulent local oysters from Te Matuku
Go wild on the island
Get your adrenaline pumping and immerse yourself in the wilder side of Waiheke.
- Soar through the sky on ziplines, then explore the native bush at Ecozip Adventures
- Explore the Island's northern beaches by jet ski and keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and orcas
- Time to refuel? Try fish and chips on the beach from Little Oneroa Takeaways
- Waiheke Horse Tours is based in the Island’s unspoilt eastern end, with access to the privately owned Te Matuku peninsula
- Not one to ride a horse, then jump on a Segway from SegWai Experiences
- Wind up the day’s adventures with local food and brews at Wild on Waiheke
Art and culture road trip
Waiheke is a haven for the arts. See works created by artists who draw inspiration from their surroundings.
Waiheke off the beaten track
Small enough to drive around but big enough to escape the crowds, Waiheke is perfect for getting away from it all.
Waiheke on the water
Water sports are huge on Waiheke. Strap the sea kayak to the roof and pack your boogie board too.
- Explore the coastline with Kayak Waiheke. They offer 2-hour, half-day and full-day experiences
- Give a stand up paddleboard (SUP) a go with freedom hires from Kayak Waiheke and paddle your way across Matiatia Bay
- Get amongst the waves at Onetangi Beach or experience the iconic Onetangi Beach Races on Sunday 11 February 2018
- Take your jet ski to one of the Island’s northern beaches coast. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphin and orcas
- Waiheke is a fisherman’s paradise. Book ahead with one of the Island's fishing charters
- Soak up the rays and feel the sand between your feet on idyllic Palm Beach
Family fun on Waiheke Island
Waiheke is the ultimate family playground. With your own transport you can make the most of the attractions.
- Load the mountain bikes in your family wagon – Waiheke has plenty of trails. Check out Rangihoua mountain bike trails
- Relax on the sandy shores of Oneroa Beach and Palm Beach. Boogie board recommended
- Get back to nature with a guided walking tour from iWalk Waiheke
- Ecozip Adventures will have you all soaring through the sky on their spectacular ziplines
- Chill out with ice creams from Island Gelato. Our tip: take them down the hill to Oneroa Beach and soak up the sunshine
Or you can create your own road trip
Book now to secure your space on the ferry
Feedback from island road trips...
"We thoroughly enjoyed our trip on the SeaLink ferry to Waiheke Island, the service was great, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the trip was beautiful" A. Findlayson